Thread: Question on Lane Furniture

Hybrid View

Hi Briant, We live in he Houston area. Have picked out the following Lane pieces cat# 91620 & 91630. We liked the support of he seating not to cushy a little on the firm side. I have not been able to find out much information about Lane and now it has me worried that maybe I should have done more research although I really like the look of the pieces they don't look like all the others you see plus it was very confortable now just really worried about craftsmanship. Any help you can give woud be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Hi Briant, We live in he Houston area. Have picked out the following Lane pieces cat# 91620 & 91630. We liked the support of he seating not to cushy a little on the firm side. I have not been able to find out much information about Lane and now it has me worried that maybe I should have done more research although I really like the look of the pieces they don't look like all the others you see plus it was very confortable now just really worried about craftsmanship. Any help you can give woud be appreciated.
    Regardless of brand a lot depends on how you use these pieces on how well they'll stand up. I went to the Lane website but see nothing under those numbers, so can't tell you anything about the pieces you selected. Sounds like you like the look and feel of the piece which is important.

You never did tell us budget or if leather/fabric is needed. The reason I am asking about budget is because it will give the experts here some other brands in that price range to compare with Lane. Also how long do you want this piece to last is important.

Try googling this "Lane Furniture Quality" but remember you'll always find more people writing to complain than praise on any product.
    Last edited by Briant73; 03-09-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Briant, I understand the pieces have been discontinued, do you know if I can contact Lane and ask them, can you read my last reply to Duane? You guys are so helpful I really appreciate your comments.
    Last edited by kwarner; 03-10-2009 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Briant, I understand the pieces have been discontinued, do you know if I can contact Lane and ask them, can you read my last reply to Duane? You guys are so helpful I realy appreciate your comments.
    I can read any public message you post, as for contacting Lane, sorry can't really help you I'm just a consumer with no contacts in the industry. Your best bet is to go to Lanes website and see if there is a phone number to call them at.

What other brands in leather does the store you shopped at sell leather furniture in? Are you set on a Sofa and Loveseat or would a Sofa and Chair work for you? Did you work with a sales person who seemed to want to take care of you, if so give him a call and talk to him what you are looking for in furniture and any misgivings you are having. A good one will answer your questions and work with you to get you what you want/need.

You said that you do like the look and feel of the piece which regardless of furniture brand is something I find very important because you have to live with it. As for quality I can't comment never owned a Lane piece other than a 50+ year old cedar/hope chest.

Hancock and Moore is considered a very fine brand with pieces that are made for a lifetime if you are looking for that. Just for comparsion according to pricing Duane has posted here, a Hancock and Moore City sofa in the Town and country program would run $1994. I see there is a loveseat available but it may be only for a sectional and it runs $1994. Chair and ottoman would be about 1196+491. Of course this doesn't factor in applicable taxes or shipping if needed. The City might be too soft for your tastes and I only used it as a reference point. Duane has said in the past that Bradington Young is close to Hancock and Moore quality wise but usually a bit less expensive. There are other brands built very well that should last you a long time. I just don't know if Lane is it.

Some links to check out
    Lane sofa http://www.americanreproductions.com/lane916sofa.htm
    Hancock and Moore City http://hancockandmoore.com/product.asp?productid=1028
    Bradington Young http://www.bradington-young.com/