Thread: Total Furniture Virgin! Hello and Help!

Threaded View

Ci2Eye Guest

Default Re: Total Furniture Virgin! Hello and Help!

I agree with Brsett above. The more one shops and studies furniture, the greater the appreciation for traditional design becomes. That's partly because I think taste and appreciation of the artistry of form expands but it is also a function of practicality.

My first furniture purchases were very much anti-traditional as I didn't want my home to look like my grandmother was there. Next time I was looking for better quality and with better quality comes a more substantial investment and with more money being expended and with things designed to last comes a desire for those things to not look dated and have to be discarded because they are out of style. Well-made contemporary furniture is a bit of a waste. No one will want it in 20 years yet it is made to last far beyond that so the wisest choice becomes the one to go with more timeless and traditional designs.

To the original poster, you've done a nice job and I wouldn't worry too much about your choices. The forms are simple and perhaps Shaker-like and you haven't made the mistake of investing in high priced but very trendy furniture.
    Last edited by Ci2Eye; 03-11-2014 at 12:23 PM.