Background: We have a two story red brick colonial home located in Fort Collins, CO. Colonial styled homes are rare in Colorado, but we love them and sought this one out! As such, our decorating also goes towards traditional/colonial. Not primitive colonial - more updated, but still very classic. Neither my wife or I like things that "look" modern in terms of furniture and decorating. Even the layout of our home (as you might guess) is traditional with the rooms smaller and lots of separation between spaces. We have opened the house up a little - we removed the top portion of a wall between our kitchen and family room so those in the kitchen (particularly my wife and whomever is cooking with her) can socialize with everyone in the adjoining family room.

The room adjoining the kitchen is where our family spends a ton of time - it is a family room (14 x 17) and it adjoins another room that is 14 x 15. Think of it as one large room that is 14' x 32' with a separation in the middle. The two rooms are separated by a beamed ceiling as well as walls that come out 2' from the edge. The beamed ceiling and the little wall is framed out with fluted trim in a colonial or traditional style. Depending upon how furniture is placed in the two connected rooms they can act more like one larger space or as two separate spaces. We choose to use the rooms as one larger space to accomodate our 5 kids (only one at home) and our growing number of grandchildren (particularly during family get togethers). So, we need LOTS of seats!!

Keeping all of the above in mind, we are trying to answer these questions:

1) What recliners should we add to our family room - we have decided we want a total of four.
2) We have existing an Bradington Young "red" sofa (might be staying in this room) and a matching loveseat (which will probably be staying). However, the room is large and we want to add either a Sundance Power reclining sofa (if the BY sofa moves elsewhere) or we may just add an additional H&M loveseat or smaller sofa. We love the style of the Somerset loveseat with tufted back - does anyone own this? Is it comfortable? We haven't been able to see this sofa in person. We want "style" but

When we tried out a bunch of H&M recliners two weeks ago, this is what we came away with:

For me:

Sundance High Back

Comfort: Most Comfortable I sat in
Looks - Just OK - not bad, not great
Other Considerations: Wife also thought it was the most comfortable recliner she sat in. Since we both really loved the comfort, we could see ourselves getting two of these. However, it is just not all that "pretty".

Weymuth

2nd or 3rd Most Comfortable of all H&M recliners that I sat in
Looks - Beautiful and stylish - I loved the "look"
Considerations - might look too large and overdone in our setting. Wife thinks the bustle might be too large. Chair is too large for my wife to sit in and really enjoy it. We would not get two of these chairs, just one for me.

Utah Lounger
We have just discovered this recliner in pictures - the lines look very beautiful. Does anyone have it? Can anyone offer an opinion on how it "sits" compared tot he Sundance or the Weymuth recliners?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!