Thread: Is is a mistake to buy 100% polyester?

Default Is is a mistake to buy 100% polyester?

I am buying a Broyhill sofa. The fabric I picked out with the store decorator is 100% polyester and it says it can be cleaned with water. From reading the Garden Web Forum I thought 100% polyester was bad because if pills. However, the decorator said it was very good fabric for a couch and would wear well and maintain its appearance. I was wondering if this is true. I have tried to find out more information by googling, but haven't been able to. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I know Broyhill is only mid quality, but I don't want to spend alot on a couch. My last one was very expensive but went out of style because of the fabric, so I want to spend under $1000.00.
    Thank you.

Yes, 100% Poly will most certainly "pill". How quickly on that specific fabric is anyone's guess, but they all do. I personally would want a blend, especially since you're selecting fabrics and not buying a floor model, etc. Sounds like the decorator either doesn't know her fabrics or is just wants you to finalize the sale and move on.
    Duane Collie
    Please Ask ALL Questions in the Forum
    Private Messages (PM's) are for Sample Requests and Placing Orders
    No written Quotes are given on Hancock& Moore, Jessica Charles or Councill - you must call the store for pricing.