As a dealer for both lines I am often asked to compare and contrast them. There are so many variables between the two companies that they really are not offering the same product, or catering to the same customer any more than Rolex is trying to get the Seiko consumer, or BMW the Hyundai customer. Often I hear stories of how folks say other dealers will think them about equal in quality and the way they operate, but they are not. Don't get me wrong on Bradington Young though...its not an inferior piece, its a different market segment than H&M at a lower price point. Hancock and Moore is a Bespoke builder, able to customize and tweak to give you something special if you like, B-Y is a production maker, and there is a big difference. For example:

One of our forum members wants to purchase a B-Y Dual Recliner Sofa and a matching stationary loveseat. She did not need the dual reclining feature in the loveseat and yet they did not make a stationary version in the same form factor that would match. My thought was - "Why can't they just not install the mechanism, web the base and crossband it, then put an 8-way spring deck in there?" Should not be too difficult and its something Hancock and Moore would say 'no problem, we can do it'. The request I made for this rather simple modification went all the way to the CEO and was declined. I have to say, I was not really surprised, its the difference between a maker that has real craftsmen creating pieces and one that is a production shop running each piece the same down the line. When you do bespoke builds, you need artisans, not line workers.

I like Bradington Young pieces. If I didn't, I would not sell them as you have to believe in your product lines you carry. I think they fill an important niche in the market for those that need to be under the Hancock and Moore price points, and they deliver high quality pieces at fair pricing. Just don't expect anything custom from B-Y. What you see in the photos is pretty much all you can get. They build 'em just one way - as shown.