Hi there ~ first thanks in advance for anyone who can help me date, determine the style or the value of this piece. It belongs to a friend of mine who had it stored in her vacant house for 25 years. Since she lives in Maine she asked me to sell her things.

Looks like walnut or mahogany to me. There is a label on the back - looks like a previous auction sticker. There are pencil markings on the bottoms of the drawers. I included a photo of that and a close-up of each letter/number. Looks like X9L to me but I can't be sure. The brass (and there is a lot of it) are all P.E. Guerin NY. Seems like a very early brass signature of theirs. I know they made furniture at one point and I wonder if this one of their pieces. My guess is it might be Greek Revival since we have the Bacus face on the locks on each drawer, the brass ticking on all the edges, double swans....

There is a broken knob on the top left mirror. I have the knob and is just a matter of putting in a fresh dowel but I do not want to change it on my own because it might decrease the value. Each drawer locks, but I do not have the key. Wheels are wooden. Brass plate is missing from top hidden drawer which never had pulls. and from the center of the mirror.

I took pictures of hardware too as I know that helps date pieces.

Thanks again for any help you can give. I want to sell it for her, but I am not sure if it should go to a consignment type antique shop or if it is something I can do on Crigslist. Would hate to sell if for less than it is worth as it is a beautiful piece.
Rana

Will add more photos - will only let me do 5 at a time
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1076.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	9275Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1078.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	9276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1080.jpg