This is just to bring anyone interested up to date.... as you know we placed our order pending approval of a cutting of the actual leather H & M would use on our pieces. We rec'd the cutting of Antelope Nugget and while is was a gorgeous piece of leather, it was too dark for our room.

We called Duane right away so H & M could release the leather they were reserving for our order and asked what's next! Duane knew we were close to Hickory and suggested if we had the time to go up for a tour and look at the leathers there and bring samples home. He set it up for today and we did just that.

Mr. Moore (Jimmy) took us on the tour. What a great guy he is too. His enthusiasm and dedication to his work IMO is what makes H & M. He is a positive person and has a CAN DO attitude. He knows every employee by name and most of their family members too. The employees are like a big family. The attention to detail at H & M is quiet impressive. You can tell the employees enjoy their work and want to turn out a great product.

We saw a City Sofa being made up in Antelope Chino. It was gorgeous and we thought it would be just the right leather for us. We pulled several samples to bring home though just in case the Chino did not work out.

Back home, the Chino looks darker than we thought it would. The Antelope Harness looks good. I still prefer the browner tones instead of the rustier tones so we are going to let it settle for a day or two and look at the colors in various lights and then decide.

Mr. Moore told my husband that he has protected leathers in his home because of so many grandchildren plus they have a poodle like we do. My husband was leaning toward aniline hides before that but now he is convinced to use the protected hide.

The tour was great! If you ever get a chance, take the tour. I do not know another factory of any kind where the owner of the company takes you on the tour. Meeting Mr. Moore, alone, would be worth the trip but you will be amazed at the lengths H & M goes to make the pieces almost perfect. All of those little things add up.

M

PS Duane, we did give Gloria big hugs for you. She is a lovely person and had good things to say about you as well.