Greetings -- we bought two couches a year ago from from a local company I believe makes a good product. We are happy with the couch and it is comfortable. The leather is a pull-up. Recommended maintenance is periodic wipe downs with a lightly damp cloth and the use of a conditioner once or twice a year. The company gave me a bottle of their approved conditioner.

Here's what I noticed with the conditioner though. I first applied the conditioner after 6 months of owning the couch. Later on, weeks and even months now since applying the conditioner, when I go to gently wipe off the couch with a damp paper towel, I am getting color transfer to the towel. This color transfer does not happen on areas I didn't condition. Visibly, I'm not seeing any loss of color in the couch. So I'd like to hear what others have to say about this -- what is causing this? I get no color transfer with a dry cloth.

I currently am asking the manufacturer for their take. Maybe this slight color transfer is normal. But I hesitate using the conditioner again until I understand what I am seeing. Over time, I don't want to be wiping away lots of color. I did this test on the original leather swatch and get the same effect.

Attached are two pics: 1 of my couch (just to show couch color, not showing for any flaws I perceive) and image of cloth after wiping small section that was conditioned.

I thank you in advance for your thoughts
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	2806Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	2807