One of the things to consider with someone like Direct Buy is after-the-sale service, which is going to be non-existent at worst, and a miserable experience at best. There are service issues on about 15% of all new purchases, ranging from a chip in a leg to a cushion that doesn't feel right, or perhaps a mark that occured during delivery. Although its tempting to buy on price alone, you will wish you were dealing with a dealer that works on your behalf if something goes wrong.

An example is one that occured last week. A customer ordered a sofa I had in stock and we shipped it UPSFREIGHT, and the forklift driver tore the leg off the piece, damaging it extensively. I was notified of the damage at 10 a.m. and by noon I had given the customer a full refund on the piece so he wouldn't have to deal with the damage headaches. I do all the claim work and salvage/repair back to the maker to see if it can be fixed. You're not going to get that level of service with an operation like Direct Buy, who would more likely tell you to file a claim with your carrier and you'd have a broken sofa in your home for 7 to 10 days and a mound of paperwork to complete after the inspector comes by.