So I did end up taking the trip down yesterday and it was great to finally meet Duane in person and see the store. I arrived much later than I had planned but I was still able get a good idea of how the Kodiak and the #9844 City are to sit in. The Kodiak on the floor had standard core cushions, the #9840 City had ultra down.

The Kodiak is the most comfortable sofa I've ever sat in. It felt like I was sitting "in" the couch rather than "on" it. The higher back definately contributes to this but I was also wondering if the cushions are maybe thicker?? Even being standard cores they seemed every bit as soft as the #9840 City which had ultra down. Anyway I'm hoping the #9844 will be closer to the Kodiak I sat in yesterday than to the #9840.

The #9840 was ok to sit "on", but the shallower seat depth made me feel a bit crammed. The #9844 is listed as having 2.5" more inches of seat depth so we should be good there. I'm wondering if the #9844 will also have more of that sit "in" lounge type feel due to the fact that each individual cushion will be deeper + wider...

Duane was nice enough to send me home with some leather samples so my wife can help with the decision. They're all nice leathers mostly GR2 and Columbia which is GR1. The Columbia does have a great feel for a protected leather and the difference in price is starting to really lean us towards it.
Another thing is the sectional will be placed right in front of a very large window that gets an hour or two of pretty strong sun late in the afternoon. I plan on applying some UV blocking window film, but should this still factor into my aniline/protected decision? Heres what I found after a quick search on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Blocking...dp/B003IKDDWQ#
from the product description: "Clear UV Blocking Film Blocks 99% of harmful UV-Rays, Rejects 20% of Heat from the sun and Slows Fading"

Oh and one more thing I wanted to make sure... Our front door is 34.5" wide. Will we be ok here?