I had lunch yesterday with the smartest man in the furniture business, the gentleman who owns H&M. We went to my favorite haunt (Mike's American Grill in Springfield, VA) and spent far too long over lunch talking about our passions for fine furniture. The time flew, but I don't often get to do this so I didn't rush back to the store. I learn something every time I sit down and have these long chats and am like a sponge in my quest to know every nuance about this business.

After lunch we went to the parking lot and I got a sneak peak at some of the new market intros coming next month (Furniture Market is mid April). Among the new things from H&M are two new small scale sectionals with run lenghts against the wall of around 90" or so (HURRAH!!! I"ve been asking for these for a long time), one of which is based on this series:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2133

Those are going to be winners. I have so many customers asking for H&M quality in a compact sectional that I have no doubt these will be well-received.

I flipped at some of the new leathers they are going to introduce. The kind of leathers I like. REAL leathers from Italy (several), and this spectacular glove soft leather from Denmark that is used on ladies high end handbags. I've never seen a leather like this in the furniture end of things. And for those that like funky - a new hide made from a African Antelope or Gazelle (I forgot which species) that is unlike anything you have ever seen. Its' full of natural markings and a real kaleidoscope of textures and striations. It a leather you would expect Ernest Hemingway to have on his chair, after he shot the animal and tanned it himself. Not for everyone, it will drive the quality control inspectors at H&M batty.

As usual, I will go to Market armed with my trusty Nikon D7000 and take photos of all that is new and interesting next month.

Also, there was a 1-shot special on Pullman Leather Burnished and I ordered a single Teton sofa with Buffalo nickel trim on it, with Ultra Down seat. Anyone interested in that, ping me via PM for a special price. It will look exactly like this which I had on my floor a few years ago and it sold in a couple of days.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ighlight=teton