Ok...so here is the deal.

As a bachelor for the last 5 years, my only piece of sitting furniture is a inexpensive leather couch. Because I am self-employed I spend a lot of time sitting on my cheapo couch doing work. Fast-forward to now and I am stuck with a crappy couch and no clue about what to buy.

I went to Homemakers Furniture today and the salesman went on the hard press for the Flexsteel - Latitudes Couch/Love Seat or Sectional set. He even said "This is the one I am buying myself, I plan on having it for 18 years." Not only does the black dye have a faded and greenish tone, but the information I have found online claims the Latitudes line is something to avoid, as it is assembled in China and does not have the blue coil or whatever you call it. (Sorry it is pretty late.)

So after reading a bunch of other info, I am pretty lost. The only thing I can say for certain is people like H&M couches...

I want either a leather couch/sectional that is quality and will stand the test of time. The Latitudes Sectional would be 4-5K depending on how large I want it to be, and it just seems that there might be better options available.

I basically just need some advice about what kind of black leather sofas/sectionals I should be looking at. I am 24, with no children living in a small condo currently, but could move really at any time.

I know this is long, rambling and probably makes little sense. But any help you can provide would be really awesome.