I purchased an estate sale last year with about (25) items I originally sold to a good customer in the late 80's. He passed away and his kids didn't want the pieces, so I bought them all back. Among the group was an Eldred Wheeler New Hampshire Lowboy in tiger maple, which was a piece they made for about 4 years as I recall, from around 1987 to 1991. I've always had people ask for this item over the years and was glad to get one back in the store. It wasn't here but a few weeks when it sold to a collector, however that customer really wasn't thrilled with the piece because there was very weak figure in the piece. She asked me if I could have one built exactly like this one, but with good tiger stripe and add a pegged-on top rather than just a screwed-on top as was the original. So yes, we could do that, and I took the Eldred Wheeler piece back and gave it to John Buchanan with those instructions. Today he brought me the result of his work, and I'm really pleased how it turned out. As you can see, having decent figure and a deeper, richer finish really makes the piece 'pop'. Notice the hand-cut legs on the Buchanan piece, which have more grace and flow than the production leg on the Wheeler item.

The original E.W. Piece is for sale in my store at $ 1,650
The Buchanan piece can be made again for $ 2,700

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0016.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	6061Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0017.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	6062Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0018.jpg