Once again, a thorough and understanding explanation. Thanks, Duane!

This is just so foreign to me because my dad worked with Mayflower for most working life. For many years, he moved households. I spent a good part of my childhood watching him load the truck (and folding those damned furniture pads!), and so the idea of things shifting in the truck is inconceivable to me. He packed things so tight they wouldn't have moved if the truck was hit by a tornado! Furniture pads didn't slip because if there was any question of them slipping, he taped them (not to the furniture!). Bottom line -- he was very good at his job, and he took pride in doing a good job. Only very rarely was anything damaged, and when it did happen, he was devastated. He really cared -- he realized that when he moved a household, he wasn't just moving stuff -- he was moving a family. He often had people specifically request him because they remembered how much he cared, and how that translated into a job very well done. Several times, he moved Georgia O'Keeffe's paintings. At the time, I thought that was sooooo cool. Actually, I still do.

But back to White Glove service, I know that if I base my expectations on the work my dad did, I'm going to end up disappointed and possibly angry. Knowing what to expect in advance helps tremendously. This detailed explanation of how things work is really helpful.