DH and I are redoing our living room. The room is very small (11'x14') and North facing so no direct sunlight and rather dark. The two windows in the room are one the outside 14' wall. The flooring is Amber toned oak and we will be painting the walls Sherwin Williams Ramie which is khaki with a soft green undertone. This is one of the few paint colors able to hold its own in the lighting in this room. None of the current items will remain in the room except a cherry ceiling fan. The ceilings are 8'. So DH is 6'1" and I am 5'4" neither unduly heavy. We sat on a H&M Austin High Back sofa last weekend and OMG! So very comfortable, however, I expect that the style would dwarf our little room. We are thinking of a leather sofa, a leather recliner or tilt back and ottoman and a fabric chair. Also a rug, new art work, small media console, end tables, lamps and throw pillows. No coffee table due to space. We have 3 dogs (2 large that do not get on the furniture and one 10-11 lb. dog that does get on the furniture. Right now he is laying across my lap as it is cold here in NC. We have a 1 year old granddaughter. I am training all of us to eat in the dining room and not in the living room. Pretty sure I want Capri leather. The color will ultimately depend on the rug and artwork.
Now styles I see on the H&M website that appeal:
As mentioned Austin due to incredible comfort
Crosby NC329 love the look
Tower sofa4196 and Aria 3-Seat sofa because I tend to sit sideways with my feet up on the sofa and the arms on these styles are higher
City sofa or Oslo because the styling is more casual and might be a better fit with our little ranch style house
The furniture we purchase will be used daily and I hope it will last a long time. We bought an Ethan Allen sofa about 3 years ago and my back bothers me whenever I sit on it for more than an hour. I have decided that it must go.
Looking forward to input. It is hard to find the H&M styles we are interested in in the stores locally so input is really appreciated.