I had water damage in my basement and the insurance company will give me replacement value for the sectional. The problem is, I bought the six piece set (each piece is individual and a footstool) from Broyhill in 1992. Obviously, there are no 6 piece sectionals available in todays manufacturers .
Items that my old sectional had:
1. The cushions are foam and wrapped before placing in the upholstery.
2. Cushions (both back and seat) are removable and can be flipped. (and there is no degradation of the cushions, they’re still comfy)
3. Frame is solid hardwood and solid. I can't twist it. I really can’t tell if it’s doweled, glued, mortised, or what. I have not ripped the upholstery off to examine in detail.

What I loved about the sectional:
1. That I could rearrange the furniture by myself. I could lift each seat individually, and just slide the corner wedge into position.
2. The seats were smaller and fit our family size.
3. That I could have 4 seats on one leg and have a true “L” arrangement.
4. That it is still comfortable to sit in.

What I dislike about my sectional:
1. The fabric was pretty, expensive and the smooth material was not for growing kids. ( They’re now adults)

I did mention that I have replacement coverage. I have been shopping, researching and learning for the past 6 months. The Broyhill sectionals do not appear to be as well made today as they were 20 years ago. I am will to go the sofa/loveseat/chair route, but finding all the requirements from my old sectional has proven difficult. I did find a Smith Brothers sofa, chairs and ottoman that appear to be made similarly to my old Broyhill, but the price is significantly higher than current Broyhill sectionals. I need to know where to go to find information to convinve the insurance company that I’m not being unreasonable.