Thread: Is Vanguard really who's making Anthropologie's "shoddy" furniture??

Threaded View

Default Is Vanguard really who's making Anthropologie's "shoddy" furniture??

I'm not gaga about Anthro's clothes or their furniture...I've only seen 1 or 2 recreations of classic mid century modern pieces that caught my eye. However, their Chesterfield sofas & similar pieces online do look quite beautiful. And, with a store at our local mall, I've seen several of their pieces up close: looked pretty normal to me. A wee bit overpriced, but none the less, nice looking.

Duane, I know you've said before they have some of the absolute worst made furniture you've ever seen & I don't disagree with that(you'd know better than I how it's made,) but it all looks decent. And, their fabric selections are pretty snazzy...especially their velvets.

I was just reading this article that states Obama ordered a settee from Anthropologie in '09 for his daughters & Anthro either told The White House at the time, or someone, somewhere heard Vanguard is who makes the settee Obama ordered.

Caveat: this article is a total fluff piece, without much meat to it. But, because of this order from the Obama's with Anthro/Vanguard, this article is presuming Vanguard must therefore also make the other sofas, settees & chairs Anthro sells.

Just wondering if anyone knew if this is true? What quality level is Vanguard & are they, indeed based outta North Carolina & make their furniture there? Anthro states on their sofa product descriptions: "quality made in the USA." Lol, Duane's already stated there's nothing quality about their stuff...so, this became kinda an interesting riddle to me. Naturally, because of the subject matter, I came here to ask

http://upholsteryclub.com/anthropologie-unplugged/
    Last edited by Asomer; 04-17-2016 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Grammatical & spelling errors drive me bonkers LOL