Thread: The BMW Graveyard

Threaded View

Default The BMW Graveyard

I saw my very first BMW that i ever owned today, my 1990 535i that I was so proud of. I bought it in 1993 with 68K miles on it. Waxed and shined regularly, I really loved this car....that is until the 1995 E36 M3 came out! In December '95 I finally bought my first brand new BMW, that blue E36 M3 that provided me with with so many stores to tell and took me to race tracks around the country. This 535i I sold to the guy across the street at the Rent-All Center. He always admired how sharp and shiny black it was.

I had not been over to his place in years, but today I had to rent a commercial truck so when I walked around the back, there it was....my old car. Beat, Broken, Forgotten. I stood there for a moment and looked at it sadly - there's been a lot of cars come and go since then. For a minute I thought "I could get this back for nearly nothing and restore it", but then that's a fool's errand - spending $ 30K on a car that would never be worth a fraction of that. I went over the old ride and whispered to it "sorry, you were good once" and snapped two photos with my iPhone, then went on about my business. This is not a proper end for this car that was once one of the finest road cars on the planet, but it is - what it is. A shame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-64.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	487   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-65.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	488  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.