Hello,

I am very new to the leather furniture game and am in need of advice. I am in search of a for my living room and really love the Zion sofa by Bradington Young. A little about me, I have very young kids and and a dog and this sofa would be in our main living space and receiving lots of daily use. Also, In terms of design, I like rustic and unique charm and a sort of rugged look.

I really love the leather the Zion sofa comes pictured in, which is a lighter carmel colored ANILINE leather (980004-83). I ordered this swatch and love it and really want to make the purchase. However, I figured that I would be a bit stupid to do this giving my lifestyle and the amount of use/love the sofa will receive. So, I chose another swatch by Bradington Youn that is listed as one of their FINISHED leathers. Unfortunately, I am just not a fan of the color of the leather at all, and upon searching for anything close to a honey or carmel tone in finished leathers I saw that they don't really have options. I am assuming this is because of the process in finishing or protecting a leather.

So what is my actual question?

-Is it nuts to go with aniline leather with kids everyday life?

I am just struggling to purchase a finished leather sofa if I do not like the color.

Thank you very much for your advice and opinions!

Jena