I am replacing an old reclining sectional of mediocre quality. I want something that is sturdy and hard wearing. No pets and no kids, this piece will be lived on by two adults who will eat while watching TV, so it will be subject to the occasional spill or stray meatball. One of us is used to the recliner but will be okay with an ottoman to put one's feet up on if the piece is otherwise comfortable.

I have considered Motioncraft, BY, Leathercraft, Drexel Heritage, and H&M.

One place recommended Elite. We tried the Elite Ritz reclining sofa and it was okay.

Drexel Heritage has a Natalie sectional available in leather, but none of them actually have leather on the sales floor. The fabric one they have on the floor does seem sturdy and comfortable. I have not asked details on construction yet.

We liked the comfort of the H&M Austin chair. I prefer the transitional look of the Campaign or Tower. I have called every dealer within a 200 mile radius of Raleigh, NC and nobody has either in sectional or sofa for Campaign or Tower. I would consider the City if I could find at least a sofa to try. One dealer called the factory and they had a campaign chair in fabric going through. I don't think I can purchase a leather sectional based on a fabric chair. I will drive a few hours see a leather Campaign/Tower/City/Austin sectional or even sofa. Ideally the store would have more than one model to compare.

Does anyone have any suggestions where else to look? If Duane is reading, does he have any of these?

Does anyone know about Restoration Hardware quality? I have heard they are more marketing than substance, but at least I can go to the store, sit on the actual furniture, and know that I like how it sits and how it looks.

Alex