Hi! A gentleman bartered bookkeeping services from me in exchange for his 9 year old leather sectional. Turns out that the sectional (while in great condition and in need of a good, thorough professional cleaning) is actually nubuck leather. I have never had nubuck before and my experience has been with protected leather as I have 3 children, ranging in age from 11 months to 12 years. I also tend to be more of a brown/natural color leather fan, while this sectional is a country blue color. I am curious if anyone knows if I could hire someone to successfully dye the leather to a deep brown, as well as any professional cleaning service I could hire in the Austin, Texas area.
(I don't mind looking into DIY, but I doubt that I will be able to manage an even dye job on my own and am not confident enough in my abilities to even attempt it! But it would satisfy curiosity.) I have heard that nubuck is a monster for homes where people actually "live" in them. I hope this isn't true. While we do not eat or climb around on our living room furniture, we do kick our feet up on the coffee table and stretch out comfortably on our furniture. I can't see putting this family through an uptight regimen in a place where we're supposed to find haven and relaxation. Please advise.