Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Window film to protect leather from sun

AZJoe Guest

Default Re: window film to protect leather from sun?

Quote Originally Posted by levitt11 View Post
    Any installer should be using a water system that is filtered, not once, not twice, but three times for window tinting - that goes for auto installation and/or home installation. That way nothing gets between the glass and the tinting film.
    Was that directed at me? Or were you just quoting me to add onto what I already said? haha.

Oh and PS, there is no need to filter water, if you are using distilled water

levitt11 Guest

Default Re: Window film to protect leather from sun

Most installers whom do this as a business in the automotive field and/or send out persons to do window installs - use a multi-filtered system - and do not use distilled water - to install window tinting - at least the one's we know - do not. As a homeowner doing it yourself - yes - you are advised to use distilled water as a DIY'er, plus use some johnson's baby soap in a spray bottle with the distilled water in order help with adhering the tinting and making it easy to move it into place. No slight was made at you, by any means.

AZJoe Guest

Default Re: Window film to protect leather from sun

Quote Originally Posted by levitt11 View Post
    Most installers whom do this as a business in the automotive field and/or send out persons to do window installs - use a multi-filtered system - and do not use distilled water - to install window tinting - at least the one's we know - do not. As a homeowner doing it yourself - yes - you are advised to use distilled water as a DIY'er, plus use some johnson's baby soap in a spray bottle with the distilled water in order help with adhering the tinting and making it easy to move it into place. No slight was made at you, by any means.
    Didn't think you were slighting me, just weird you quoted me, and made a statement without me asking a question..lol

I have been on many installs with my good friend who owns his own tinting business (auto/residential), to lend a hand when I was bored, I am well aware of the process.

Plenty of shops use distilled water FWIW. It is more expensive though.