Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Room Layout and Picture

Default Re: Great Room Layout and Picture

Sitting down? To mod a Sundance to 50" deep and 96" length will add $ 1,950 to the price. Kind of like I thought it might.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

aluebcke Guest

Hmmm....I was hoping for less, but it's really not that bad compared to the Settlements.

Two settlements (with the loveseat increased by 10" Wide) are actually about $500 more than two sundances (one 84" and the modified 84"). And I'm getting about the same square footage with either the settlements or sundances. So on a cost/sq ft basis, they're really not that different.

I've put together a spreadsheet (I did mention I'm OCD, right?) with our options and hopefully we can decide soon.

I'm down to two leathers: Capri butternut and Equestrian truffle. How do you think they would look together?

And do you think they'll work with the top of the ottomans in Nile Croc Burnished?

The three samples I have of the above leathers look really good together.

Have a great Thanksgiving!! I'm sure you'll be busy Friday/Sat.

The Settlement comes with (4) leather pillows, so that easily makes up the price difference.

I can't say I'm crazy about the Butternut/Truffle combo. From two aspects. One is the texture difference. If you get that Capri in there, you won't like your Equestrian so much...really. The other is colors, the butternut has an amber/orange tint to it, that clashes with the Truffle color somewhat. Better to change one or the other. The Truffle wants a pure tan, no amber-orange hues. That's just my call on it, certainly its not the end all of decorating advice.

Nile Croc should work with either!
    Duane Collie

aluebcke Guest

Ah....forgot about the pillows.

Thanks for the advice on the colors. You've seen them more, so I'm sure you're right.

We'll finalize the main color first (on the sofas), and then ask for your suggestions on the chair.

I'm leaning toward the Equestrian....but I keep looking at that Capri Butternut. It really is nice!

I'll think about it some more while I eat turkey tomorrow.

aluebcke Guest

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I should be making pies right now, but am obsessing over leather samples instead.

We've decided on the Equestrian Truffle for the sofas. I really want the Capri, but with kids and a dog, it's really not practical.

Duane, my husband wants a darker color on the Author chair to go with the Equestrian Truffle (vs the Equestrian dessert you recommended).

Looking at the H&M website (not perfect, I know) we like sedona tobacco, columbia acorn, or tuscany saddle. We're okay with a lighter color to go with the truffle, but it can't be too light, and needs to go with the Nile Croc Burnished.

What are your thoughts on these three with the Equestrian truffle/nile croc burnished? Is there something else you'd recommend instead?

aluebcke Guest

One more question: are there any burnished leathers you'd recommend with the Equestrian truffle? I really like the burnished hides, and it would be great if we could get one to work. Grade 3 if possible.

Name:  HandAntqdSaddle.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  116.2 KB
    Name:  JuliaAshburn.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  119.0 KB
    Name:  HandAntqdSunset.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  126.0 KB

I think there are 2 and a half that will work. One I am calling a half, because its been dropped from the line but there still may be leather available, I'd have to call on Monday to find out.

Top Photo: Hand Antiqued Saddle (the safe bet)
    Middle Photo: Julia Ashburn Burnished (the dropped leather)
    Bottom Photo: Hand Antiqued Sunset (the bold bet)

Leathers are in order, all GR 3. Equestrian Truffle is on right in the top photo, on the left on the bottom two.
    Duane Collie

aluebcke Guest

Thanks for the pictures! I like the Hand Antiqued Saddle the best. Are there any pictures of a sofa or chair in this leather on the forum? I searched for one (even in the market photos) but could not find one.

What would you do on the ottomans? I'm not sure the Nile Croc Burnished goes with the Hand Antiqued Saddle.

I did find this picture that I liked:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...t-Photos/page2

Scroll down about 1/2 way to the Salvatore Sofa in native butternut and nile croc burnished. I like the contrast, but will the Hand Antiqued Saddle be too light with the nile croc burnished?

I also found this on on the forum while I was looking for the hand-antiqued saddle photos, and really like the soft brown color (looks matte-finish, too):

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ghlight=market

Scroll about 1/2 way down to the Yosemite Sofa in Royal Hacienda Cocoa Burnished. But I thought a burnished hide would be more shiny and stiff. Is this hide an exception? Love the color, but definitely don't want stiff/shiny.

We like the Equestrian Truffle, but it is very dark and I'm starting to worry that it's too dark. Also, I was looking through H&M's small catalog, and found a bar stool in Equestrian Chesnut and the color looks very flat/uniform. Will I get any color variation in the Equestrian Truffle?

What is the cost to add down-wrapped cushions to the back and seats of a sofa? I want the added comfort of the down, but should I get them "extra full down" to avoid the puddling of the leather?

edgewood96 Guest

Cool Re: Great Room Layout and Picture

Amanda, I have read through all your posts today and I had to laugh because I too have worried over leather choices, chair choices, softness of leather, roughness of leather, redness of leather, etc. I have spent hours in the last week on the forum as well as H&M's website. I share your pain. I too am trying to make my decision on furniture before Monday to get the sale prices Duane is offering. You have been bold enough to post on the forum but I took a backseat and just PM Duane. I just wanted to tell you that your questions helped me decide after Duane's suggestion on a leather for the chair & ottoman I chose and that leather is the Hand antiqued burnished leather. So, thank you for all the leather questions. I presently own a H&M Austin Reclining Sofa and Austin chair & ottoman, which is 3 years old. You will not be disappointed in whatever you choose.

aluebcke Guest

Hi edgewood,
    Thanks for your note. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that agonizes over the choices.....we should start a support group.

The forum is awesome, and I've learned so much from others' posts that I wanted to share my decision-making process (as long and winding as it's been). I'm glad it's helped you.