Thread: Going to your local dealer then ordering long distance

Hybrid View

Default Re: Going to your local dealer then ordering long distance

Like I've always said there is a WIDE spread in pricing among dealers. I'd go with the least costly one locally as well as long as there are not several scathing reviews on service after the sale.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

AshleyK Guest

I completely agree. I knit and sew and people either ask me how to make it so they can go home and or it or I get the "I can get that at Walmart for half the price". I will not post on here what I want to say to those people because I don't want to get kicked off, haha. Larger companies can offer lower prices because they buy in masses and put a local business owner out of business.
    I do have a question though. Is it appropriate to ask the B&M store if they can come down a little? If so about what percentage is reasonable? I don't want to insult anyone. Of course I wouldn't expect them to be able to match the internet price because a B&M has more overhead and let's be honest it's a business not UNICEF.
    Thank you Drcollie for sharing your information with us. It is because of your honesty, ethics and willingness to help knowing that not everyone that comes on here is able to purchase from your store that makes us want to purchase from you.

NicholesAmmons Guest

Though it is very true that the local brick and mortar stores have to keep the money flowing to stay, the average you and me have little to concern about how they'll survive. The reason is so obvious sir- survival instinct. Why would I pay more to keep them running, and that too when I know there are alternatives. We wish to have the best at the cheapest- understandable, everyone wants this. Now, complement this with the extra toppings of having the stuff delivered at your doorsteps with trivial charges and the neighboring stores are already in the if-nothing-works-then-maybe options.

But yeah, the first point that you mentioned was legitimate. It'd be wrong to check the stuff in the local market for its authenticity and then trying to seek the same at lower prices from around the country. Good points, Like it!
    Nicholes(Austin Furniture Repair)