Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H & M Leather Questions

Default Re: H & M Leather Questions

If I were buying a bright red sofa from H&M, I'd buy it in either Bari Lipstick, Capri Claret or Weston Ruby.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Duane- new to the forum and thanks for all you do to educate us on the H&M leathers. I've studied your leather Class rankings and was wondering if you have any further recommendations for those of us where Class 4 is cost prohibitive.

For example, in Class 2 how would you rank these leathers amongst each other? Kipling, Atticus, Aspen, Ryan, Upton and Yardley. And in Class 3 Equestrian, Garfield and Imperial.

In GR 2, all good however Upton is gone, and you have to be careful with Yardley as sometimes it comes in a bit dry and brittle-looking.

In GR 3, Equestrian is a great saddle leather, tends to be a bit noisy. Garfield h as tremendous color depth, but can be slick, and Imperial is a Burnished leather that is unique in hand-antiqued hides.
    Duane Collie

Thanks!

OK, it is done- I have placed my order with my local distributor for a H&M Austin High Back Tilt Recliner & Ottoman in Grade 2 Atticus Sable with Q21 cores, S nails and oiled mahogany.

If anyone has any photos of Atticus Sable on any of their H&M pieces, please post them as I've not found any in my searches to date.

Now the waiting is the hardest part....

TJranch Guest

Howdy ya'll,

Our family moved from the city out to a small town in Texas. We've been researching sofas for the last year and would love advice. We think the #5342 NC Lacross H&M sofa fits our dimension qualifications. Today we finally looked at leathers. We decided on unprotected leather. Would like to know more about H&M's Tiberon, Tuscany, Quintessence or Equestrian. We have large dogs and work outside a lot. (which brings in the dust and grime) The sofa will not be in direct sunlight.
    http://www.hancockandmoore.com/leather.asp?page=99

Also want to know if it's worth it to order locally or out of state. Not sure how flexibility the retailers have re: cost of sofa and shipping. We live northwest of Houston.

Any help would be awesome. Ideas for Best H&M leather for dogs (Great Pyreneese and Golden retriever)

TJRanch
    Last edited by TJranch; 04-29-2014 at 01:24 AM.

Tiburon and Tuscany are Italian Pull Up hides, know for color bursts and they are tough leathers, with some sheen and slickness to them. They're like a bomber jacket and will show pressure marks and patina over time. They are so similar to one another its difficult to tell them apart. Quintessence is a super-soft, luxury hide, you don't want this if the dogs will be on the furniture regularly. Equestrian is another Italian, a 'saddle' leather and is a very nice, solid hide. Its color stable, soft, grainy, and can take a lot of use. Like all saddle leathers, its not a 'quiet' hide, so it can make leather squeak noises such as a horse saddle makes.

As to buying locally or in-state, I have about 400 customers in the Houston area. That speaks volumes about the pricing....without me giving out specifics. lol
    Duane Collie

MRSSQRDAWAY, If he wants Candy Apple Red then you could go with Portfolio Claret (Class 2) or Capri Claret (Class 4). We have the Sundance Sofa from the H&M Town and Country Program which came in only two leathers, one of which was Red (Portfolio Claret). We absolutely love the Sofa and the Leather. The Portfolio Claret is a more firm feeling leather which never the less is very comfortable from our perspective. The Capri Claret, would be a softer, perhaps richer overall feel and has garnered many compliments on these Forum pages. Both would present as a "Red" Sofa, but not Fire Engine Red. The H&M Claret matches the reds found in many if not most Karastan Rugs. The Springfield Sofa would look great in a Claret Red!