Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portfolio Sofa and Town & Country Sofa in Fabric

scone Guest

Default Re: Portfolio Sofa and Town & Country Sofa in Fabric

The Taylor King stuff is such good value, given the specs. Semi-custom at this price is downright amazing.

Question? Any idea of the back height of the Standard sofa, without the cushion? (I'm dealing with my "will it fit through the door" concerns). Thanks!

oceanmd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scone View Post
    The Taylor King stuff is such good value, given the specs. Semi-custom at this price is downright amazing.

Question? Any idea of the back height of the Standard sofa, without the cushion? (I'm dealing with my "will it fit through the door" concerns). Thanks!
    Scone, if you are looking at Portfolio collection, the overall hight of the sofa is 38" and the arm height is 24,5". I would guess that the hight of the sofa without the cushions is around 31." But it is just a guess.

The Portfolio program is not designed to be sold via internet/mail order/phone. Its really an in-store program that requires a dealer buy-in, that's why its not published. Only the larger T.K. dealers have it. I can scan it all in, but its going to take me an entire day on the scanner to do so and I have to find the time. On my list of things to do....

standard 88" sofa is easy to deliver, I can probably get it through a 30" doorway with ease. Back height with the cushions off is 32"
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

scone Guest

Thanks, all. The front door measurement inside the stops is 34 1/2", and 6' 2" to the stair volute. The wall height is only 7' 6" (it's a Cape Cod), which was also worrying me a bit. That's why I was originally interested in the little Chesterfield, as it's a handsome piece, and I'm very confident it will go, but I have to ask myself if I really want to clean all those "navels" for the next 20 years!

For my part, I don't need to see a million fabric choices, as I can use the Taylor King website to search, and then get a sample. Anyway I have a fabric in mind: a neutral texture with a gold undertone. I'm quite interested in the Regolo Rye, as it's a blend with a lot of cotton in it. I hope it hasn't been discontinued.

oceanmd Guest

Scone,

It is pretty nice fabric you selected, good cotton/poly ratio. Now, I am interested in it too.

oceanmd Guest

Duane,

Thank you for the information you provided. As for Taylor King cushions, if I need to rank them in firmness:

1. All down cushions are on the softer side: Catalina Down, EZ Down, Memory Down, Spring/Blend Down
    2. Firm: Prestige XL (Standard)
    3. Extra Firm: Prestige FM

Is this the correct assumption? Thank you, Duane.

That would be correct...
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.