Thread: B&y couch and leather question

Life Is Good Guest

Default B&y couch and leather question

I received a quote from a local B&Y dealer on the design your own sofa series (I couldn't find it on the B&Y site, but the style looks very similar to the Daylen line). The quote, including a Grade 6 leather is $3,680 for the 85" sofa and $3,512 for the 62" sofa. I have two questions:

1. Is this a fair price?

2. Am I crazy to consider an aniline leather with a 13 year old boy and a 9 year old boy? The color I am considering is Pure Saddle (#9113-87). I love it and none of the other colors matched its beauty to me. However, I am aware of the concerns of purchasing this type of leather. The representative told me it is not the most practical choice as it is prone to staining and fading. But...it is so beautiful!

I would love to hear any experiences you may have had with an aniline leather (especially with children). Did it require a lot of extra maintenance?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts. This is a great site. I have been looking at sofas for over 6 months and am ready to make a decision. This site has been very helpful. You brought B&Y to my attention as a great quality couch.

Default Re: B&y couch and leather question

To answer your questions....

1) I can tell you what I sell them for (distance sale, no sales tax unless in Virginia, however white glove service delivery fees will be additional based on your location).

# 171-95 in GR 6: $ 2,927

# 171-75 in GR 6: $ 2,782

2) My kids -now all grown up and out of the house - were raised from infants on pure aniline leather furniture. My wife and I have fifteen (15) pieces of upholstery leather in the house and only one Hancock and Moore Woodbridge recliner that is now 30 years old (my first leather purchase in 1986) is in a finished leather. We have no stains, damage, and just a small amount of sunlight fade on a couple of pieces. The thing is, if you get a bad stain on aniline - don't fuss on it. Just blot it up and leave it alone. DO NOT attempt to scrub it with a damp rag, because if you do you will set the stain and it may never come out. Blot...walk away...leave it alone. Usually in 3 to 4 days if not sooner it will disappear.

I'm all about aniline leathers - they are what we call REAL leather in the business. Many people are scared off them, but in my experience there is no need to be.

Call the store at 703-360-6399 if you want to explore ordering from The Keeping Room and I can give you a shipping rate once I know your state and zip code.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.