Thread: Emilio Sofa, Chair and Ottomans in Tiburon Java

Hybrid View

ViviV Guest

Default Re: Emilio Sofa, Chair and Ottomans in Tiburon Java

Oh yes-the 21 oz are there! Thanks for checking Duane! It's interesting to see the trend for firmer seat cushions. My husband suffers from back pain so a firmer sofa is always more comfortable for him. I like to curl up into the sofa, so I'm okay with most seats. BTW, the seats are extremely comfy and not hard AT ALL.

Additionally, we wanted to avoid too much pooling of the leather on the seats so we ordered the 21oz for this reason too. The pooling we see already might be happening because the leather is so soft --this is my guess --I'm not sure. The leather is extremely soft, buttery and supple (almost stretchy in nature) like a fine leather glove. We haven't used it much (a week and half!) but we do love, love, LOVE how it feels and are happy owners!! Falling asleep on it is SO easy for me to do!

Duane, one question about how this leather will change with time: patina, etc. on Tiburon..... in your experience, have you seen it darken/deepen in shade? or will it lighten in shade? (assuming no staining due to body oils, assuming no sun -that living room window behind the sofa gets no sun due to the covered patio right outside- and assuming that the maintenance is kept up, etc.). I read somewhere (can't recall where) that ALL aniline leather will become lighter/discolor with time. Is that true? I'd like mine to deepen/darken in time.
    Last edited by ViviV; 02-15-2017 at 01:30 PM.