Thread: American Classics Leather

Threaded View

Default Re: American Classics Leather

I would say that if you like the product, have confidence in the people selling it, and are pleased with the price, they why not buy it? They seem to have left a good impression with you Robert. The only real downside is if you were to change styles and want to sell it down the road, there is no name brand recognition and it would not bring much, however for most people that's not really a concern.

There are hundreds of companies selling "real" leather furniture. You may want to familiarize yourself with the leather terminology, as top grain leather is simply finished (painted) leather, full top grain is a (non-sanded) aniline dyed hide. Most every maker sells a range of both. I have an in-depth post here on the forum on leather that goes several pages that I think is a good read.

If you have the time, take them up on their offer to go do a factory tour and see how it's made. You can tell a lot at a factory by watching and listening as they explain things. If you want to take a tour at Hancock and Moore in Taylorsville NC then I can set that up for you as well (Mondays through Thursdays). Tours are great! I highly recommend them for companies that offer to show you their production process.

No one builds a Chesterfield sofa like Hancock and Moore, that's pretty much a given in the trade (not even their parent company Century). They have quite a few models, but not all will be under the term "Chesterfield". Do a general browse of sofas on their website and go by the photos. Yes, I sell nationwide.
    Last edited by drcollie; 09-26-2019 at 08:13 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.