I figure I should explain how I came to the decision on the Tavern Sofa:

I had initially been intrigued by the Tavern sofa from reading about it on this forum, but I was hesitant to purchase something I couldn't sit on in real life. I knew the Tavern sofa was not going to be in the showroom, so I was going into this experience prepared to buy something else. However, after sitting on dozens of sofas, only two remained serious contenders and my husband and I were split on which one would work.

Here are the two contenders:
9876-88 Kent Sofa, which was incredibly comfortable, albeit a little too deep for me. My husband absolutely adored it, but I thought it was too much sofa for our room. I prefer sofas that have at least a few inches of clearance off the ground. It was also several thousand dollars over our budget.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3513.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	12563

Wesley Hall L1936-84 CRAWLEY SOFA, which was perfectly proportioned for my body and my husband agreed that it was very comfortable. I loved the look of it, but my husband did not. He thought it was too feminine and that the high back would obstruct the flow between the kitchen and living area.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4196.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	12564

We were at an impasse. I would have been happy with the Wesley Hall sofa, but my husband was insisting on a chesterfield style. That's when I remembered the Tavern. Our design consultant, my husband, and I talked about it and we all agreed that the Tavern was the perfect compromise of the classic chesterfield style and a softer, rounded silhouette. It was also priced much closer to what we were originally intending to spend. We are taking a gamble that it will meet our comfort needs, but I think we just have to trust that H&M is going to make a quality product.

The Wesley Hall sofa had much softer cushions that any of the other models in the showroom, and I really liked that. That is why I chose to go with the Comfort Down cushion option on the Tavern sofa.