Quote Originally Posted by LisaL View Post
I agree that Amish quality is probably way better, but mission style won't work in my home, which is a formal french/British Colonial.
of course i guess i could have something custom but then i would pay a significant upcharge.
I suppose i'll keep looking. I havne't read many positives about Canadel.

Added comment on your original post. The set I looked at was distressed. My wife really liked it. They had 5 chairs and a bench. All seating areas Sunbrella fabric. A plus to me. The table was 60 by 36, with a very distressed top. The table legs were metal. The table was very heavy. The store is a high end store ( Stickley, Century, Lexington), and the Canadel line was their low priced line. They don’t carry junk.

The reason I stayed away, was a wobbly chair on a different Canadel set. Since a reviewer elsewhere, stated they received a wobbly chair, due to one leg being shorter, with no response from Canadel, I passed.

I also believe you are better off buying off the floor. There are so many complaints about shipping damage, repaired items, the finish of tables not matching chairs, I’d rather buy off the floor, even though I need to make concessions, on the finish or size.