Thread: Slow Delivery Times

Hybrid View

Default Re: Slow Delivery Times

In your average USA made sofa, the leather is imported (either from Asia, Europe, or South America) as are many of the fabrics. The metal springs are imported, as are the screws. Almost everything come son Container ships and I assume you read the article above. This applies to all producers, not a single brand is exempt from this. So yes, delays and price hikes throughout the industry. Then add in the reduced work forces due to Covid both in manufacturing and transportation - and from what I can tell talking to people, about 1/3 to 1/2 the work force is at home sick, and you have delays, backups and increased costs. If a company hasn't announced an increase yet, they will be. None of then can absorb those costs.

I have both Hancock and Moore as well as Bradington Young motion sofas with power headrests on the floor as well as reclining chairs. I have no idea of Palliser prices....can't address that question.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

And another just in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mait.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	13651
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

My name is Josh and I’m the factory rep for Taylor King upholstery. I know there is a lingering frustration out there from customers about long lead times and Duane has done a fantastic job keeping you all up to date on status. Taylor King is busier than we have ever been in the 45 years we have been in business. The challenges we are facing with Covid have become center focus with our company as we keep the mental and physical health of our employees at the forefront. Our team is working hard every day to keep employees safe, happy and motivated.

Our customers are also very important to us. We are working overtime to keep our lead times as low as possible and we continue to be blessed with support in orders every day. We stay in contact with our suppliers, conduct team meetings to keep the factory informed on progress and strive to provide our customers with the latest info we have available.

This is new to us all and we just want to thank everyone for their continued support and understanding. We will continue our mission and work hard to get your products to you asap.

Stay safe and we wish you all an abundance of health.