In the past 18 years we have done 7 cruises total, two on Royal Caribbean with our kids, three on Celebrity, one on Carnival (mistake) and our very first one on Disney. The Edge was the nicest cruise ship we have ever been on and actually had decent bedding (surprise!) which is always the disappointment of most vacations. We had the Retreat, and a Sky Suite, which was well worth the extra cost.

The ship is geared towards the Assisted Living crowd, although we are in our 60’s, I think most the people on Board were in the 70 to 90 age groups. At times it was pretty sleepy and the evening entertainment a bit too mundane and loungie.

But we mainly took it just to warm up. Probably our last cruise, I think we prefer to just land in one place and strike out on our own.

I do like cruises for first or second time visitors to Europe, where you get a taste of many places you otherwise might not see. For the Caribbean, all the stops look the same, so it doesn’t really matter to go to different ports of call.

The beggars and street vendors in Cartagena Colombia were the most aggressive I have ever seen anywhere in the World. I would never return to that cesspool of a city.