Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
Cleaner is cheap (and you can also make your own) it's the Conditioner that is costly. I go sparingly on the latter - the more important part is cleaning anyways. On my own leather at home, I will use just enough Conditioner to get coverage.
Thanks, that helps. I reread all the posts on this thread first and I saw your recipe for making cleaner on one of the pages of this thread. I'm assuming it's safe to use for any type of leather since mine is the protected type. I know it doesn't mean it's protected, it just means it's painted.

When your furniture is new do you use the conditioner all over the entire piece or focus mainly on the parts where there is human contact (arms, head area, seat area) and go over briefly on the others such as the back of the furniture piece, sides, etc.?

I didn't let my conditioner sit for 2 hours or so as I don't recall it being listed on the card that was included with the kit but saw that listed somewhere on this thread. I watched Pam's video again too and I could be totally wrong but don't remember her mentioning that either, but again, I could have easily not caught that part. It was dry when I put on the protector so I'm assuming that's okay.