Thread: Different Classes of Leather

Hybrid View

menghsiu Guest

Default H&M City Sofa

I just purchased H&H's city sofa. Although I've heard they dropped the married cover, mine is still that. Does it matter in the long run?
    The place I bought it from (cheshire CT) only has two H&M sofa on the floor and I bought the City sofa cavalier henna. I wasn't giving much choices and the only thing I was able to choose was the color.
    I would like to know what grade of leather is city sofa? The cushion was foam wrapped in down. Is that the standard or the down cushion Duane says not to get? This is my first leather sofa purchase and I'm very excited but also scared that I jumped in too quick without asking too much questions!

Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by menghsiu View Post
    I just purchased H&H's city sofa. Although I've heard they dropped the married cover, mine is still that. Does it matter in the long run?

Absolutely not. H&M has not dropped the married cover program and its a vital part of their sales. What they did do is rename it and call it Town & Country. The savings are considerable, though you only have limited leather and color choices.

The place I bought it from (cheshire CT) only has two H&M sofa on the floor and I bought the City sofa cavalier henna. I wasn't giving much choices and the only thing I was able to choose was the color.

You can buy a City in nearly 500 different hides, but at the Town and Country price point (married cover) you only get to select from Cavalier Henna or Cavalier Mocha.

I would like to know what grade of leather is city sofa?

Cavalier is a Grade II hide, with a Servicabilty index of 2.

The cushion was foam wrapped in down. Is that the standard or the down cushion Duane says not to get?

That's a standard cushion on the T&C Program, not the Ultra Down.

This is my first leather sofa purchase and I'm very excited but also scared that I jumped in too quick without asking too much questions!

Don't be. You're good to go! Remember to clean it periodically and to keep your receipt. With regular use you will need new cushions in about 10 years, and H&M sends out free replacements to the original owners when that time comes (current policy).

Jenny
    Enjoy your new sofa!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

menghsiu Guest

Thank you Duane for the reply! I love you so much!!!! I wish you are near me so I can buy all my furnitures from you!

Jenny

casey Guest

The cushion was foam wrapped in down. Is that the standard or the down cushion Duane says not to get?

That's a standard cushion on the T&C Program, not the Ultra Down.

Oh, so the standard cushion is not Quallex (sp), but a foam cushion wrapped in down?? I did not konw there was any down in teh standard cushion. Please confirm, Duane. Thanks!